So far now, it has become possible to sequence anyone’s genome cheaper and quickly with the help of latest technologies. Researchers have started gaining much into discovering the meaning of individual genomes. Though still the sequencing has not come down to an affordable price but has been sponsored mostly by the stake holders of the research projects to get into the main stream of the genomics worlds. And it has been highlighted that the individual genome sequencing would help track the rare deformities and anomalies in the gene line of human and can be engineered to treat or suppress the genes responsible for the cause.
Concerns over the repository of the genome sequences:
- If the genome is sequenced, who should access this?
- How securely the sequences can be stored away from snooping?
- How the national database should be made?
- Would it be easy to handle fastest growing data of sequences?
- Would this be easy to make available centrally for right access?